1. The “Multi-Tasking Obstacle Course.” I could navigate administrative disasters; return six phone calls and thirty-two emails all while texting a friend and contending with a random personal crisis.
2. “Fencing –Your Grandmother’s Estate on EBay.” Sub events are the fast shipping relay and the bubble wrap dance competition.
3. The “What’s For Dinner Marathon.” For three weeks competitors must answer this same question without losing their tempers.
4. The “Race to the Bottom of the Wine Glass.” Let me say that twenty years ago I won a version of this event at my bachelorette party - only then it was known as the “Race to the Bottom of the Scorpion Bowl.” The Gold Medal still hangs on my wall of shame. Team competition is a possibility.
5. “Capture the Chocolate” - enough said.
6. “Dead Weight Lifting” is the event where competitors do the work others said they would do.
7. The “Staircase Luge” - trip over a poorly placed personal belonging (not your own, of course) and slide down the stairs. Extra point are given for creative language and/or sticking the landing.
8. The “Hammer Time Throw.” Stop. Hammer Time. Athletes must bust out those 80’s dance moves. Official outfits include Harem Pants.
9. The “Bob Costas Drinking Game.” Every time Bob talks about an athlete using the words, “terrific story” competitors need to drink. Last one standing wins. (Athletes from #4 could participate)
10. “Synchronized Screaming” - an aquatic event where the competitors stand outside the pool and yell at the kids in the water.
What are YOUR events?